Implementing Fred's XTEA encryption idea
So here is the steps I took to build the current (ss-j) combined HUD in OSGrid:
These are the face texture settings I needed to use to make the alpha HUD look right:
|Face||name||H scale||V scale||Rot||H off||V off|
|UL menu||buttonbar1, buttonbar5||2.7||2.45||0||0.708||-0.741|
|LL menu||buttonbar2, buttonbar6||2.7||2.45||0||0.193||-0.806|
|UR menu||buttonbar3, buttonbar7||2.7||2.45||0||0.19||-0.741|
|LR menu||buttonbar4, buttonbar8||2.7||2.45||0||0.675||-0.806|
I couldn't read the fancy font on the Alpha HUD on the red background so I did something about it…tone down the color and simplify the font a bit. Also, add minimize and detach buttons.
Adding the minimize button introduces the old rotation technique to hide the panel, which may complicate adding additional panels. Rotating the doll makes some of the simpler HUD rotation techniques tricky. It also required not using the base with the rotation arrows as the root since the rotation needs to be centered on the root so now a bunch of linking fun has to happen. The new root is now off the top of the screen and we rotate around the Y axis 180 deg to hide/show this panel. We could also use the 90 and 270 deg positions, taking in to account the depth of each panel,
Here is what the HUD currently looks like on the ground:
The center (transparent) prim is now the root and the center of rotation. This is a copy of the former root mesh object as is the top (upside down) prim that is the minimized HUD. The title bar on the main HUD is on the background image.